The HAAT will endeavour to provide information, give advice and offer assistance to organizations and interested persons on the nomination of individuals for national and provincial honours and awards. The Team will also assist the Office of the Lieutenant Governor with maintaining a database of current national and provincial honours and awards to be used as a reference by staff and the general public.
The HAAT will not endorse, support or advocate for any specific nomination on behalf of the Lieutenant Governor. the Government of British Columbia or a specific organization. In addition, the Team will not interfere with or duplicate any existing nomination process and procedure that is established for any national or provincial honours and awards.
The Team functions as an advisory resource for Government House to:
1. Assist, encourage and facilitate the submission of nominations to:
- The Chancellery of Honours, Rideau Hall for national honours and awards;
- Federal and Provincial government departments for national and provincial awards; and
- National and provincial organizations for recognition programs specific to particular fields of endeavour.
2. Respond to all inquiry from individuals and organizations and provide appropriate advice on matters related to honours and awards.
3. Research, review and make recommendations to the nominator(s) regarding the terms and criteria of current national and provincial honours and awards.
4. Research, review and keep up to date the honours and awards database at Government House and honours and awards information posted on the Lieutenant Governor’s website.